Undergraduate Student, Towson University
1 active project
Scientific Questions Being Studied
Does Smoke inhalation of Cannabis affect the lungs? Lung function effects from smoking cannabis (medical or recreational). Using the All of Us research data I will be able to analyze and refine my results to see those who do consume cannabis, frequency, age group and gender. Anticipated findings is that smoking cannabis will reduce lung function and affect the lungs in a negative way. Smoke inhalation is an irritant to the lungs and throat.
- Other Purpose (The purpose of this project is to further investigate the lung effects of smoking cannabis. Medical cannabis has become a form of medicine that has become popular in recent years. )
I would like to use the following data sets from the All of Us data browser : EHR domains, Drug exposure, life style, conditions and labs and measurements. With the use of R programming and Jupyter notebook I will be able to create graphs and tables based on the dataset.
Since smoke inhalation is classified as an irritant to the lungs and throat, I expect the use of cannabis by smoking will decrease lung function over time and will trigger lung reactions such as Asthma, bronchitis etc. This research is designed to a general population not to a specific population. Smoking cannabis is not restricted to any population.
Demographic Categories of Interest
This study will not center on underrepresented populations.
- Jesse Sanchez - Undergraduate Student, Towson University
- Giselle Chuquipoma - Undergraduate Student, Towson University
- Njambi Kiguru - Undergraduate Student, Towson University
- Kathryn McDougal - Other, Towson University
- Akeem Laurence - Undergraduate Student, Towson University
You can request that the All of Us Resource Access Board (RAB) review a research purpose description if you have concerns that this research project may stigmatize All of Us participants or violate the Data User Code of Conduct in some other way. To request a review, you must fill in a form, which you can access by selecting ‘request a review’ below.